Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an amazing recipe for carne asada. I tried probably thirty different recipes until I found this one. Now this is the only one I will make. It is just that good.
- 5 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup garlic (peeled, fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 orange (sliced)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Mix all marinade ingredients together to combine. Marinate flank steak in the mixture in the refrigerator for one hour or more. Remove the steak from the marinade and barbecue meat until done.
- Cut into strips or dice meat, and serve with warm corn tortillas with salsa and guacamole. Or, plase in flour tortilla and roll up burrito-style with beans, rice, cheese, and sour cream.