Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Living most of my life in California I have a fondness for Mexican food. I developed this recipe after eating at many different restaurants & home cooked meals. It is a simple & healthy recipe that I want to share.
- 473.18 ml tomatoes, diced
- 236.59 ml yellow onion, diced (preferably a sweet Vidalia)
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and serve.
- Hints: Tastes great on eggs or rice or a taco or my new favorite, "Healthy Baked Corn Tortilla Chips, recipe #263512." Also find the much less expensive fresh cilantro next to the bunched parsley vs. the prepackaged cilantro in the plastic boxes in the ready made salad mix section of the supermarket.
- Variations: Spice it up with a diced chipotle pepper or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or use 1/2 cup fresh diced celery in place of the celery seed for more of a crunch.