Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional spicy chicken soup from the heart of Mexico!
Make and share this Caldo Tlalpeno recipe from Food.com.
- In a large stockpot, combine chicken broth, vegetable broth and approximately 4 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and simmer, covered, until rice is done, about 20 minutes.
- Empty can of chipotle peppers with sauce into blender and blend until very smooth.
- Using a small strainer, carefully strain about 1-2 tablespoons of chipotle mixture into soup. Be careful with this & test broth as you mix peppers in, it makes broth VERY spicy!
- Add garbanzo beans, chicken meat and simmer 5 minutes more, adding salt to taste.
- Garnish soup with cilantro or epazote leaves and enjoy!