Chef #508971's Note:
A traditional spicy chicken soup from the heart of Mexico!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large stockpot, combine chicken broth, vegetable broth and approximately 4 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- 2Add rice and simmer, covered, until rice is done, about 20 minutes.
- 3Empty can of chipotle peppers with sauce into blender and blend until very smooth.
- 4Using a small strainer, carefully strain about 1-2 tablespoons of chipotle mixture into soup. Be careful with this & test broth as you mix peppers in, it makes broth VERY spicy!
- 5Add garbanzo beans, chicken meat and simmer 5 minutes more, adding salt to taste.
- 6Garnish soup with cilantro or epazote leaves and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts for Caldo Tlalpeno
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 978.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo