This is a nice stew; make it as spicy as you like by adding or reducing the amounts of chili peppers. I happen to be fond of Ancho Chili Peppers. Please feel free to substitute your own favorites! Serve with your choice of tortillas
- 1 lb beef, cubed (Chuck roast works well)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- bacon drippings
- 1 cup tomato, seeded & diced
- 1⁄2 cup ancho chili, roasted skinned, seeds removed
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lb potato, cubed
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- Sauté the beef and onions in the bacon drippings.
- Add tomatoes, sliced green chilies, stocks and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat until meat is tender (about two hours).
- Add cubed potatoes and carrots during last 30 minutes.