Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are two kinds of Bunelos: apetizers, or desserts. This appetizer is typical of southwestern food. It serves 6 as a meal, if you add ground beef, or 12 as an appetizer.
- Saute the peppers and onions in 1 tablespoon of the oil until onions are translucent and peppers have golden or slightly brown edges.
- Remove peppers and onions from pan; set aside.
- With scissors, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- Heat remaining oil; fry the wedges, a few at a time, until golden and crisp.
- Drain chips on paper towels or brown bags.
- To serve, spread on ovenproof plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese, onions, and peppers.
- Heat in oven until cheese melts.