There are two kinds of Bunelos: apetizers, or desserts. This appetizer is typical of southwestern food. It serves 6 as a meal, if you add ground beef, or 12 as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the peppers and onions in 1 tablespoon of the oil until onions are translucent and peppers have golden or slightly brown edges.
- 2Remove peppers and onions from pan; set aside.
- 3With scissors, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- 4Heat remaining oil; fry the wedges, a few at a time, until golden and crisp.
- 5Drain chips on paper towels or brown bags.
- 6To serve, spread on ovenproof plate.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese, onions, and peppers.
- 8Heat in oven until cheese melts.
Nutritional Facts for Bunelos (Appetizer)
Serving Size: 1 (961 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 426.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g