6 hrs 30 mins
A chili recipe best for tacos or topping for nachos or french fries. This is also very good when added to a queso dip instead or Rotel or salsa. The local grocery store sells brisket cheap and this is my favorite way to keep it. 3 phases 1 cook beef, 2 cook beef with red pepper powders or chipotle peppers, 3 add fresh peppers onions until very tender which is optional. Easy cook in the oven and freezes will taste better the day after. I like food spicy, if you don’t keep searching. This makes a great burrito with lime cilantro rice and guacamole. I define chili in a traditional sense as a spicy stew made of beef and chilies or chili powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lbs beef brisket, trim as much fat off as you can cut into large pieces 4x2x2
- 12 ounces shiner bock beer
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes of your favorite pepper hot sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beef broth
- 3 boneless beef cubes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste, and
- adobo sauce, from can of chipotle
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano (I add thyme to the blend which is my personal taste not traditional)
- 3 ounces paprika or 3 ounces smoked paprika, is preferable
- 3 ounces cayenne
- 3 ounces new mexico chile powder or 3 ounces dried chipotle powder
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 -3 Spanish onions, julienned
- 8 -10 heads crushed garlic, skins removed don't mince so others can take out
- 3 poblano peppers, julienned
- 2 sweet red peppers, julienned
- 10 jalapenos or 10 serranos, use less for less heat. I love these cooked in the stew sliced thick
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained chopped into big pieces (optional)
- green onion
- cilantro, not too much better in other things salsa guac rice
- 1PHASE 1.
- 2Trim fat cut beef into large chunks.
- 3Marinate beef in beer, Worcestershire, pepper sauce overnight.
- 4Pre set oven to 300°F.
- 5Drain beef.
- 6Add beef to Dutch oven with broth, crumbled beef cubes.
- 7Bring to a soft boil turning meat.
- 8When it reaches a soft boil cover and place in oven.
- 9Cook 3 hours.
- 10PHASE 2.
- 11Take out of oven add salt pepper, red powder pepper, chipotles if desired.
- 12Chili is often called a bowl of red buy your favorite powders and add a lot.
- 13Return to oven at 300°F.
- 14Cook 11/2 hours.
- 15PHASE 3.
- 16Take out of oven. Break up brisket with tongs and spoon. If it still tough (which it really shouldn't be) continue to cook in oven. Add the onions, garlic fresh peppers and tomatoes. Return to oven for an hour or until onions and peppers are very tender.
- 17When done cooking let cool and serve with favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brisket Chili for Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1700.2
- Calories from Fat 1147
- Total Fat 127.5 g
- Saturated Fat 49.5 g
- Cholesterol 331.7 mg
- Sodium 979.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 89.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef cubes
chipotle chiles in adobo