Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A chili recipe best for tacos or topping for nachos or french fries. This is also very good when added to a queso dip instead or Rotel or salsa. The local grocery store sells brisket cheap and this is my favorite way to keep it. 3 phases 1 cook beef, 2 cook beef with red pepper powders or chipotle peppers, 3 add fresh peppers onions until very tender which is optional. Easy cook in the oven and freezes will taste better the day after. I like food spicy, if you don’t keep searching. This makes a great burrito with lime cilantro rice and guacamole. I define chili in a traditional sense as a spicy stew made of beef and chilies or chili powder.
- 8 lbs beef brisket, trim as much fat off as you can cut into large pieces 4x2x2
- 12 ounces shiner bock beer
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes of your favorite pepper hot sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beef broth
- 3 boneless beef cubes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste, and
- adobo sauce, from can of chipotle
- salt and pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano (I add thyme to the blend which is my personal taste not traditional)
- 3 ounces paprika or 3 ounces smoked paprika, is preferable
- 3 ounces cayenne
- 3 ounces new mexico chile powder or 3 ounces dried chipotle powder
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 -3 Spanish onions, julienned
- 8 -10 heads crushed garlic, skins removed don't mince so others can take out
- 3 poblano peppers, julienned
- 2 sweet red peppers, julienned
- 10 jalapenos or 10 serranos, use less for less heat. I love these cooked in the stew sliced thick
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained chopped into big pieces (optional)
- green onion
- cilantro, not too much better in other things salsa guac rice
- PHASE 1.
- Trim fat cut beef into large chunks.
- Marinate beef in beer, Worcestershire, pepper sauce overnight.
- Pre set oven to 300°F.
- Drain beef.
- Add beef to Dutch oven with broth, crumbled beef cubes.
- Bring to a soft boil turning meat.
- When it reaches a soft boil cover and place in oven.
- Cook 3 hours.
- PHASE 2.
- Take out of oven add salt pepper, red powder pepper, chipotles if desired.
- Chili is often called a bowl of red buy your favorite powders and add a lot.
- Return to oven at 300°F.
- Cook 11/2 hours.
- PHASE 3.
- Take out of oven. Break up brisket with tongs and spoon. If it still tough (which it really shouldn't be) continue to cook in oven. Add the onions, garlic fresh peppers and tomatoes. Return to oven for an hour or until onions and peppers are very tender.
- When done cooking let cool and serve with favorite toppings.