1/1 Photo of Black Beans and Rice
1001 Low Fat Vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium until hot.
- 2Saute onions and garlic until tender; about 5 minutes.
- 3Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice is lightly browned, 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Add broth to saucepan and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 20-25 minutes, adding beans during the last 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in cilantro, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: