1001 Low Fat Vegetarian.
Make and share this Black Beans and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Spray saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium until hot.
- Saute onions and garlic until tender; about 5 minutes.
- Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice is lightly browned, 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth to saucepan and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 20-25 minutes, adding beans during the last 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, season to taste with salt and pepper.