Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account.
Make and share this Black Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- freshly ground pepper
- In a blender or food processor, combine beans, half the onions, vinegar, orange juice, and garlic.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with the remaining onions.
It's definitely a unique flavor, but not what I was expecting from a 'bean dip.' I think might actually work as a paste or some filling, but we really didn't like it with nacho chips.
This dip was a huge hit with my guests on New Year's Eve. We did an entire meal of healthful (or almost healthful) foods and this was one of the highlights. Quite easy, too. I'll be making it more often in the future.
My husband and I love this strong flavored dip with tortilla chips. In our slightly modified version, we add 3 cloves of garlic and add 2 heaping Tablespoons of red onion instead of reserving onion as a garnish. For those who like a thinner consistency, I recommend saving some of the bean liquid and adding it very slowly to the dip until it reaches the density you like.