Yummy Mexican flavors in this hearty meatless pie!
Make and share this Black Bean and Cheese Tortilla Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie crusts (Pillsbury All Ready, 2 crusts per package)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 small jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Chop the onion and green pepper. Seed and mince the jalapeno peppers. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until tender. Add beans, salsa, jalapenos, chili powder, and cayenne. Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Line a 9 or 10 inch pie pan with one of the crusts. Spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture into crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar. Top with 1 tortilla.
- Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with second pie crust. Seal and flute edges. Cut 2 or 3 slits in the top crust to vent steam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream.
This pie is delicious and so easy to make! Everything was ready to go in the oven in like 15 minutes- I loved it. The pie almost tastes like a multilayered quesadilla, and was great topped with guacamole.
This was very good. I used about half the bean liquid since the recipe doesn't say whether to use it or not. It came out good; it maybe could have used the other half as well. I removed one of the layers (and one tortilla) because it seemed like the layers would have been too thin. We really enjoyed this.
MMMMM great comfort food for a chilly night