1/2 Photos of Black Bean and Cheese Tortilla Pie
1 hr 5 mins
Yummy Mexican flavors in this hearty meatless pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie crusts (Pillsbury All Ready, 2 crusts per package)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 small onion
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 small jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Chop the onion and green pepper. Seed and mince the jalapeno peppers. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until tender. Add beans, salsa, jalapenos, chili powder, and cayenne. Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- 3Line a 9 or 10 inch pie pan with one of the crusts. Spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture into crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar. Top with 1 tortilla.
- 4Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 5Top with second pie crust. Seal and flute edges. Cut 2 or 3 slits in the top crust to vent steam.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Cheese Tortilla Pie
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.5
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 814.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.3 g