Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, nutritious and delicious!
Make and share this Black Bean and Brown Rice Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl mash beans with grated onion.
- Stir in chiles, cilantro and chili powder.
- Spread tortillas out on counter and place equal amounts of the bean mixture on each one.
- Top with 1/4 cup of cooked brown rice.
- Fold in sides and roll tortilla to completely enclose contents.
- (this is easier if you heat the tortillas for a few seconds on each side on your stove burner) Place all 8 burritos, seam side down, in a sprayed or nonstick baking pan.
- Pour salsa evenly over the top and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with shredded lowfat cheese and fat free sour cream.
Holy onion! Thankfully I used a small onion but I should have trusted my instincts, diced the onion and sauteed it for 8 minutes before adding it to the mixture. The raw onion was a little overpowering for me.
I was surprised. These are really delicious. They are so simple. I did add a diced jalapeno and Cumin rather than chili powder. My onion was finely diced and I mixed the rice in with everything else. Put a small amount of cheese over the salsa and baked for 20 min with a lid and then another 10 minutes without.
These burritos were fantastic! I had never thought about placing them in the oven before, but I will be doing so from now on. The addition of onion, cilantro and chili powder to the beans made a huge difference. They tasted so fresh and flavorful! I moderated the recipe a little by using 1/4 of a red onion, less than 1 cup of brown rice, omitted the green chilies and ended up having enough to make 5 burritos instead of 8. I placed them on a sprayed cookie sheet, poured medium salsa over each one and baked them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. The tortilla had a nice crunch while still being soft on the inside, and the salsa on top complemented it perfectly. I will definitely be making these again! :)