This casserole is very hearty and flavorful. I serve it with a dallop of sour cream on top. Great to make ahead and bake later.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can nacho cheese soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (29 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion; drain. Return beef & onions to hot skillet off of heat and stir in rice, undiluted soup and taco seasoning. Mix together well.
- Lightly spray a lasagna pan/ 13" x 9" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with 4 of the tortillas.
- Evenly cover tortillas with half of the meat/rice mixture, then 1/2 of the salsa, then sprinkle with half of the corn, half of the black beans and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover again with 4 more of the tortillas and repeat these layers again.
- Finally, top with the last 4 remaining tortillas. Pour entire can of enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups cheese and cilantro.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
- Serve with a dallop of sour cream, if desired.