Like tacos, only neater to eat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for brushing on the taquitos
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup salsa, plus more for dipping
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- 1Heat the oven to 400º.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add the onion and garlic and cook them for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Add the beef and use a wooden spoon to break it up while it cooks and is no longer red.
- 5Stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa, the chili powder, and the salt and pepper.
- 6Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionaly, for 10 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile: Place the tortillas on a plate and cover them with damp paper towels.
- 8Microwave them until warm and pliable, about 45 seconds.
- 9Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the beef mixture, spreading it to an inch from the edges.
- 10Sprinkle cheese evenly over beef.
- 11Roll up the tortillas and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet with the seam sides down. Brush taquitos lightly with vege oil, then bake them until the filling is heated through and the tortillas are lightly browned (about 8-12 minutes). Serve hot with sour cream and/or salsa.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.2
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 1314.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 28.2 g