1/2 Photos of Beef Taco Frito Skillet
Just happened to run across a recipe in a magazine. Read it and decided to renovate it. So this is my finished keeper. This is a versatile recipe. You can make this as hot or mild as you like. You can even bake it in the oven with the cheese. This recipe does not include oven time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup salsa (any heat)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups Fritos corn chips, slightly broken
- 1 cup cheese, Mexican blend
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1Cook beef in a large skillet with onion till done.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Return meat to skillet and add everything except the cheese and fritos and heat till hot.
- 4When meat mixture is hot again add the fritos.
- 5When serving top each portion with cheese and your favorite taco toppings.
- 6Variation #1 Creamy Mexican Style.
- 7Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream with the soup, omit the fritos and add torn flour tortillas.
- 8Variation #2 Ranchero Style.
- 9Omit the fritos and add torn corn tortillas or broken taco shells.
- 10If you bake this; heat oven to 350.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes or till hot, shut oven off.
- 12Top with cheese and and place back in oven long enough for cheese to melt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Taco Frito Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.8
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 693.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fritos corn chips