1/2 Photos of Beef 'n Bean Burrito Stack (Crock Pot, Slow Cooker)
8 hrs 15 mins
From about.com: southern food. Easy and fun!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages dry enchilada mix
- 3 cups water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (to taste)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped, any color
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced or 2 mild green chilies
- 5 -6 large flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can refried beans
- 1First, make foil "handles." Fold a 30-inch long piece of foil in half lengthwise. Place in bottom of a slow cooker with both ends hanging over top edge of cooker.The foil strip will make it much easier to remove the burrito stack when done.
- 2Lightly grease crockpot. In saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 20 minutes over low heat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion, bell pepper, and minced jalapeno or mild peppers. Drain off fat. Stir about 1/3 of sauce mix into the browned beef mixture.
- 3Spoon a small amount of sauce into bottom of the slow cooker.
- 4Spread a small amount of refried beans over one of the flour tortillas. Place the tortilla on top of sauce in Crock Pot, tearing to fit if necessary. Spoon meat mixture over tortilla and then top with a small amount of the shredded cheese. Continue layering until tortillas are used or within an inch of top of crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Lift burritos out by the foil handles and place on serving plate. Cut in wedges; garnish with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, sour cream, sliced ripe olives, or your own favorite combination. Serves 4 to 6.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef 'n Bean Burrito Stack (Crock Pot, Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1503.4
- Calories from Fat 674
- Total Fat 74.8 g
- Saturated Fat 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 292.8 mg
- Sodium 3485.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 94.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry enchilada mix