1/1 Photo of Beef Enchiladas
Susie in Texas's Note:
Easy and kids love it! If u prefer Ground turkey, it can be used instead of beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb ground sirloin
- 3/4 cup dice green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided (8oz)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups mild salsa (whichever u prefer) or 1 1/2 cups hot salsa (whichever u prefer)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1Brown meat in a skillet, stirring to break into crumbles.
- 2Add bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Drain and add taco seasoning with 1/2 cup water.
- 4Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until sauce gets thick, strirring occasionally to prevent sticking on the botoom.
- 5Spoon about 1/3 cup cup meat mixture evenly down center of each tortilla.
- 6Sprinkle with 2 tbsp cheese.
- 7Roll up and place seam side down in greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 8Spoon salsa evenly over enchiladas.
- 9Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes or until heated through.
- 10Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake until cheese is melted.
- 12Serve lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream on the side.
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.4
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 1762.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 37.9 g