Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Australian Women's Weekly All Time Favourites cookbook - different from others on this site but I love it!
- 4 large round flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g minced beef (1lb)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (440gm)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix (35gm)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can kidney beans, drained (300gm)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Make the beef & bean filling: heat oil in pan, cook beef, stirring, til browned.
- Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, til onion is soft. Stir in undrained can of tomatoes and remaining ingredients; simmer uncovered 15 minutes or til mixture is thickened.
- Divide warm beef & bean filling among the tortillas, roll; secure with toothpicks. Placed filled tortillas on greased oven tray, sprinkle with cheese and bake in moderate oven about 10 minutes or til cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole: mash avocado with fork, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- To serve: Remove toothpicks from tortillas, served topped with guacamole, sour cream and cilantro.
We really enjoyed these beef burritos! They were easy to make and quick to get on the table. I didn't have any cilantro so I lefted that out and lefted out the lemon juice in the guacamole (personal preference) Didn't harm nothing though in the taste. Everything was delicious! I really loved the guacamole!! Thanks for sharing your recipe Beck D !
Realy good. Not hard to make. It did not last long. Much better than ordering out.