Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I created this recipe to accommodate using all pantry ingredients. All of the fiber in the dip helps to keep appetites satisfied. Also I wanted to stay away from the traditional cheesy shortening filled Bean Dips. See a variation below.
- Pour undrained garbanzos into a medium bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Smash garbanzos with masher & add refried beans & mix.
- Cook 2 minutes more & smash & mix again.
- Add tomatoes & mix.
- Put dip into serving bowls & eat or let cool in fridge & eat later.
- Variation: Omit tomatoes & add 1TB garlic powder, 1TB lemon pepper & 1ts ground cumin.
I cut this recipe in half while adding the half-cans of beans & tomatoes to other ingredients for a bean soup! Quick & easy way to make a very tasty dip, which I served with large corn scoops & several different crackers! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
Very easy and tasty! Loved the fact it was all in my pantry and didn't involve any cheese. Keeping this one handy! Made for PAC Spring 2010.