This is a copycat of a burrito I ate while visiting a small chain in Harrisburg, PA. It was excellent and so easy to recreate a similar taste at home -- and still be healthy! You can use any rice you like, and of course, you don't have to use the low-fat or wheat options if you don't want to. It should turn out great any way you do it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 small boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons fat free ranch dressing
- 4 tablespoons good barbecue sauce
- 6 -10 tortilla chips, crushed (depending on your preference)
- lettuce (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- 1Prepare rice as directed on bag, or in rice cooker.
- 2Coat diced chicken with cajun seasoning.
- 3Cook chicken over medium heat in a skillet. You may saute in butter/margarine or in a light cooking oil or spray, your choice.
- 4Once chicken is cooked, switch to low heat and add barbecue sauce and ranch dressing. Mix until chicken is coated in sauces.
- 5Once rice has finished cooking, add to skillet with chicken mixture.
- 6Crush tortilla chips and add on top of chicken and rice.
- 7Mix all ingredients.
- 8Serve on warm tortilla with lettuce, tomato, and cheese, if desired.
- 9* You can also add refried beans if you'd like. Really, you can customize this to your liking. So easy and so good!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken & Rice Burrito (Cowboy Crunch Burrito)
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1509.3
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 2017.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 49.0 g