Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a copycat of a burrito I ate while visiting a small chain in Harrisburg, PA. It was excellent and so easy to recreate a similar taste at home -- and still be healthy! You can use any rice you like, and of course, you don't have to use the low-fat or wheat options if you don't want to. It should turn out great any way you do it!
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 small boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons fat free ranch dressing
- 4 tablespoons good barbecue sauce
- 6 -10 tortilla chips, crushed (depending on your preference)
- lettuce (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- Prepare rice as directed on bag, or in rice cooker.
- Coat diced chicken with cajun seasoning.
- Cook chicken over medium heat in a skillet. You may saute in butter/margarine or in a light cooking oil or spray, your choice.
- Once chicken is cooked, switch to low heat and add barbecue sauce and ranch dressing. Mix until chicken is coated in sauces.
- Once rice has finished cooking, add to skillet with chicken mixture.
- Crush tortilla chips and add on top of chicken and rice.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Serve on warm tortilla with lettuce, tomato, and cheese, if desired.
- * You can also add refried beans if you'd like. Really, you can customize this to your liking. So easy and so good!
Excellent recipe. Very delicious, and quick to prepare.