1/4 Photos of Baked Taquitos
flygirl #5's Note:
I got this recipe off of a blog (bigboldbeautifulfood.blogspot.com). I have made it once and the flavour was really good, but it looked funny! The instructions are long but it is actually very simple and quick to make. I am posting how the recipe is originally written (well almost) but you might want to add a bit more spice. I served it with a spicy salsa and it tasted great. The chicken broth is needed if you are using corn tortillas only.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing tortillas and oiling a baking sheet
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I used regular salt)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 12 tortillas (6inches)
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled or 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 425F and oil a baking sheet.
- 2Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add onions and cook until starting to turn translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, cumin, paprika, and salt. Stir to combine and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, until fragrant.
- 4Take from heat and stir in cilantro and chicken. Set aside.
- 5IF YOU ARE USING FLOUR TORTILLAS:.
- 6Lay tortilla on work surface and spread 2 or 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture over bottom third. Top with cheese and roll up.
- 7Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spray or brush tortillas lightly with oil.
- 8Bake until crisp and lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
- 9IF YOU ARE USING CORN TORTILLAS.
- 10Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a skillet or pot wide enough to hold tortillas.
- 11Dip tortillas one at a time, briefly, just to soften, 1-2 seconds (I find it might take 3-4).
- 12Lay tortilla on work surface and spread 2 or 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture over bottom third. Top with cheese and roll up.
- 13Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spray or brush tortillas lightly with oil.
- 14Bake until crisp and lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1686.3
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 3436.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 76.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: