Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this recipe because it's very simple to prepare and cook and is a hit at the dinner table. From my experience the best kind of bacon is to use the "center cut" type, it's more meat than fat and very tasty.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap chicken breast in a slice or two of bacon depending on size of breast vs. size of bacon.
- Place wrapped chicken breast onto a non-stick oven safe baking sheet/dish.
- Cook until completely done, usually takes about an hour, hour and a half.
- When chicken breast lack about 20 mins from being done, you can start preparing the chipotle sauce.
- Combine chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, (you may only want to use a couple of them as these little guys can be quite potent, add to taste), with sour cream and milk, blend in the blender until there are little to no chunks left of the peppers.
- Once you have this blended together add to a small sauce pan and simmer on low to medium heat and add the 2 cube of chicken bullion for flavor.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- To Serve: Place chicken on plate and pour chipotle sauce on top. Also works greats as an appetizer at parties, cut chicken into small bite size pieces and serve sauce in a bowl.
Sauce was a bit runny, but flavors were excellent. Great idea, will make again but find a way to bulk up the sauce. Thanks for posting. I didn't want to heat up the kitchen, so did the chicken and bacon in the micro, that went well, about 15 min. Also used chipotle sauce (brand-Buffalo) which is basically pureed chipotle without opening a can you never finish. You can probably find in the Latino section of the grocery and will become a favorite