1/2 Photos of Baja Seafood Stew
From Betty Crocker's Southwest cooking, chock full of fresh flavors & delicious seafood! Posted for Zaar World Tour 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup green chili, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained & cut into halves
- 24 soft-shell clams, scrubbed (steamers)
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, medium sized and shelled
- 1 lb cod, cut into 1-inch pieces (sea bass, mahimahi or red snapper fillets can be substituted for cod)
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen crabmeat, thawed, drained & cartilage removed
- 1Cook & stir onion, chiles and garlic in oil in 6-quart Dutch oven until onion is tender.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients except for seafood.
- 3Heat to boiling, reduce heat & simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- 4Add clams; cover & simmer until clams open, 5-10 minutes. (Discard any clams that have not opened.).
- 5Carefully stir in shrimp, cod and crabmeat. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover & simmer until shrimp are pink and cod flakes easily with fork, about 4-5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Seafood Stew
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 227.3 mg
- Sodium 693.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: