1/1 Photo of Baja Fish Tacos
Adapted from The Culinary Institute of America: Grilling Cookbook, the seasoning make it so good! Topped with Southwestern slaw and chipotle pico de gallo, it's a meal to remember! The recipes calls for grilling. If you need to use a grill pan and cook indoors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs mahi mahi (or other firm white fish)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 cups Coleslaw (try Southwestern slaw)
- 1 cup chipotle pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema (or sour cream)
- 1Using a charcoal grill, build a fire and let it burn down until the coals are glowing red with a moderate coating of white ash(If using a gas grill, preheat to medium high). Spread the coals in an even bed.
- 2Cut the mahi-mahi into 16 equal slices.
- 3Combine the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic, and salt. Coat the mahi-mahi with the marinade.
- 4Grill the fish on the first side over direct heat until the flesh is firm and well marked, about 2 minutes. Turn the fish and grill until cooked through, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more.
- 5Grill the tortillas until they have light grill marks and are heated through, about 15 seconds on the first side. Turn the tortillas and grill them until they just start to bubble, another 15 seconds.
- 6Place 2 pieces of grilled fish on the center of each tortilla, and top with the Southwestern Slaw and chipotle pico de gallo. Add a dollop of Mexican crema or sour cream, fold in half, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 326.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pico de gallo