1/1 Photo of Bacon Cheeseburger Tacos
I made these up one night when I was confronted with a pound of ground beef and didn't want to make either burgers or tacos ... so why not combine the two? I used the white corn taco shells that come 12 in a 4.6 oz. box so they're kind of small; if you use larger shells the yield will be less; yield also depends on how much you fill 'em up! Also, a little of the tangy "taco sauce" I created goes a long way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef (preferably ground sirloin)
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced,white and part of green
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (I use hickory)
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 teaspoons ballpark mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 small taco shells (12 to a 4.6 oz. box; use a different size if you like)
Toppings of choice
- 1In a saucepan, cook the diced bacon until lightly crisp; pour off all but about a half tablespoon of bacon grease.
- 2Add ground beef and green onions and cook together until beef is thoroughly cooked through, then stir in chili powder, salt, pepper and Liquid Smoke and cook together another 10 minutes.
- 3Combine the"taco sauce" ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4Assemble tacos: Fill taco shells with bacon-ground beef, then a drizzle of the taco sauce then shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- 5Heat in an oven or microwave until cheese is melted (has to be like a real cheeseburger, you know- LOL!), then add lettuce, tomato and onion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheeseburger Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 380.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.4 g