This is a HEARTY and oh-so-delicious salsa/salad/dip (I can not really decide what to consider it). Great on tortilla chips or right off of a spoon!! It's a good idea to soak your diced avacados briefly in a little lemon juice right after prepping to help retain the nice color...
- 2 avocados (ripe but still firm, diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion (chopped, may substitute green onion...very tasty as well)
- 1 cup black olives (sliced, or green olives...your preference)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 lime (juice of)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Italian dressing (for some reason Wishbone Robust seems to work particularly well....but your favorite will certainly )
- Toss everything together gently, chill for a couple of hours and serve with tortilla chips!
Yum! I could just eat this plain, but I ended up putting it in a flax pita sandwich with some turkey for some extra protein. I also added corn. This is going in my favorites folder :)
Very good, still needs a little tweeking...I will make it again!
Very tasty salad that was very good with the Italian dressing. Thanks!