Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite treat from those tiny stands. Its super easy, I hope you like it.
Make and share this Authentic Mexican Roasted Corn on the Cob recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ears fresh corn, on the cob- husks intact
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons texas chili powder (regular chili powder is fine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- aluminum foil (enough to individually wrap each cob in)
- butter, is (optional)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Take the corn and pull the husks back being careful not to remove them.
- Under cold running water take off the fibers from the corn and rinse the husks and cob well.
- If you would like you can butter the corn at this time, but it just adds calories, and i think it tastes great without it.
- Pull the husks back over the cleaned corn so they look as they did before you cleaned them.
- Wrap each corn in foil and place in the middle of your oven, directly on the rack.
- After 30 minutes the corn should be roasted and done. let cool.
- Then all you need to do is slather on enough mayo, chili powder, and lemon pepper to your taste and enjoy.