Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this recipe for Arroz con Pollo as does my family. It is lower in fat than most you'll run across. I'll be looking forward to your feedback. Enjoy another of our favorites. NOTE: pitted and stuffed green olives can be used in place of the black olives.
- 8 ounces sausage links, brown and serve links
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs skinless chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup olive, ripe, sliced & pitted
- Cut the sausages into 1/2 inch pieces; brown sausages in a kettle. Remove sausages. Set aside.
- Place the flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In the kettle, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Add the water, onion, and celery to chicken in kettle.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add uncooked rice, undrained tomatoes, and sausages. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes more or until rice is tender. Add peas and olives; cook and stir until heated through.
It was super easy to make didn't really take that long and I thought it tasted super good
Super easy one dish meal!!! I am used to a bit more flavor in the Arroz con Pollo I am familiar with from Miami, but this was a total family pleaser! I used kielbasa instead of sausage because DH2B cannot handle sausage. (He had three helpings!) The only thing I would do different next time is to add some red and green bell pepper along with some garlic and cumin. It is great the way it is... don't get me wrong.... I would just love it if it were kicked up a notch. We will be making this one again! *Zaar World Tour 3*