Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
These are both healthy and delicious. Although they do take some time t prepare they are worth it and the aroma of the crock pot chicken is wonderful. If you like spicy mexican food then this is for you!!!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (12 ounce) canverde enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- Put chicken breasts in crock pot with 1/2 onion and 1/2 red bell pepper.
- Let cook until done (usually about 3 or 4 hours).
- Saute olive oil with 2/3 cup minced onion and minced garlic until soft.
- Add chopped carrots, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper and saute 10 minutes.
- Add can of green chilis, lemon juice, and spices and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken and add in veggie mix with 1/2 can enchilada sauce.
- Place chicken in tortillas and roll and then place in casserole dish.
- Top with enchilada sauce, cheese, and salsa.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.