Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is great served over chicken or fish! From Stop The Clock! Cooking: Defy Aging--Eat The Foods You Love by Cheryl Forberg
- 1 1⁄2 medium red onions, cut into eighths
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted
- 2 chipotle chiles
- 1⁄3 cup slivered pitted dried plum (prunes)
- 2 corn tortillas, torn or crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons shaved mexican chocolate (or 2 tbls.natural unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped, seeded, peeled
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Combine first nine ingredients through cloves in blender and mix until smooth, adding the oil and chicken broth gradually.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and add spice paste (from blender), cooking on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, sauce, peppers, garlic, broth and seasonings and simmer for five minutes until thickened and creamy.
- Serve over chicken or fish.