Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tacos eaten during lent. Seemed to have originated in Baja California.
Make and share this Al Pastor Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs tuna or 2 lbs marlin or 2 lbs fish, of your choice cut in thin strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 slices ripe pineapple, diced
- salt & pepper
For the sauce
- 1⁄2 achiote
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 30 medium tortillas
- chopped cilantro
- chopped onion
- quartered lime
- Preheat oven to 175°C (convert to Fahrenheit).
- In a baking dish, place the fish strips, adding the onion, pineapple, salt and pepper.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over fish strips.
- Bake in oven until fish is cooked and sauce has thickened-- approx.
- 30 min.
- Make tacos with the tortillas and garnish with cilantro and onion.
- Sprinle a bit of lime juice over taco filling.