Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tacos eaten during lent. Seemed to have originated in Baja California.
Make and share this Al Pastor Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs tuna or 2 lbs marlin or 2 lbs fish, of your choice cut in thin strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 slices ripe pineapple, diced
- salt & pepper
For the sauce
- 1⁄2 achiote
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 30 medium tortillas
- chopped cilantro
- chopped onion
- quartered lime
- Preheat oven to 175°C (convert to Fahrenheit).
- In a baking dish, place the fish strips, adding the onion, pineapple, salt and pepper.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over fish strips.
- Bake in oven until fish is cooked and sauce has thickened-- approx.
- 30 min.
- Make tacos with the tortillas and garnish with cilantro and onion.
- Sprinle a bit of lime juice over taco filling.