Adobo Beef Tacos with Pickled Red Onions recipe from The Wisconsin Beef Council. This was featured on the morning news cooking segment. I was surprised by how easy it was to find all the ingredients at the regular grocery store. I just checked the international foods aisle for them.
- 2 (8 ounce) steaks (beef shoulder top blade, flat iron)
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed (6 to 7-inch diameter)
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- fresh cilantro, chopped
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Combine Pickled Red Onions ingredients in medium bowl; stir well. Cover and refrigerate while preparing beef.
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile drain pickled onions well. Carve steaks into thin strips. Top tortillas evenly with steak, queso fresco and pickled onions. Sprinkle with cilantro, as desired.