1/1 Photo of Adobo Beef Tacos With Pickled Red Onions
Adobo Beef Tacos with Pickled Red Onions recipe from The Wisconsin Beef Council. This was featured on the morning news cooking segment. I was surprised by how easy it was to find all the ingredients at the regular grocery store. I just checked the international foods aisle for them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) steaks (beef shoulder top blade, flat iron)
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed (6 to 7-inch diameter)
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- fresh cilantro, chopped
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1Combine Pickled Red Onions ingredients in medium bowl; stir well. Cover and refrigerate while preparing beef.
- 2Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- 4Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile drain pickled onions well. Carve steaks into thin strips. Top tortillas evenly with steak, queso fresco and pickled onions. Sprinkle with cilantro, as desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Adobo Beef Tacos With Pickled Red Onions
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.5
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 677.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar